The historic Star Theater is owned by the Willow Springs Community Foundation and is located at 205 East Main Street in Willow Springs. It will seat approximately 200 and features a stage, pull-down screen for movies, lighting and sound booth, restrooms, and a concession stand. It is truly the "star" of the Willow Springs downtown!
The theater was built in 1922 for silent movies. As movies changed, the theater was adapted for motion pictures. But after fifty years of operation, the theater closed in the late Seventies. The Willow Springs Community Foundation bought the building in the early Nineties and began renovation. It was completed in 1998 and has been in constant use since that time providing local residents with live theater productions, concerts, dance, and movies. The theater has also hosted a wedding ceremony!
Anyone interested in booking this historic facility should contact Joann Bailey Russell at 417-469-1933.